Sunday, October 26, 2008

Jay Walker's Library

A big thanks to Gina for posting the "Browse the Artifacts of Geek History in Jay Walker's Library" article.

I have not stopped drooling over those photographs of Jay Walker's personal library and I find myself coming back to them, over and over again! The photographs reminded me strongly of the old curiosity museums which were jammed full of unique objets and revolting specimens. In addition to being wooed by the view, I loved his book philosophy! To him, book's impact is most important and that is why he only selects books that revolutionized knowledge in some way. Now that is an interesting way to direct one's book collecting, and lends itself well into creating a space full of imagination and intrigue.

Can you imagine spending a couple of hours exploring that place? What I wouldn't give!

No comments:

Post a Comment